Saturday, August 18, 2012

Seriously

50 Shades of Grey is the single worst book I have ever read.  I really was interested. How in the world a book about a dominant/submissive would be so popular?  I find that people feel really uncomfortable when discussing pain mixed with sex.  Why wouldn't the fetish community be much, much larger if this book about a pretty heavy fetish is a huge best seller?  Easy answer, it isn't about a dom/sub relationship at all.  It is about a whiny bitch who is complaining about a rich, beautiful stranger who she "loves", because he wants to spank her a little. There is relatively little in the way of kinky sex in the book at all. (Kinky is very subjective. I say relatively because I don't think any of it is kinky.  It was all pretty vanilla.) She doesn't love him enough to keep an open mind.  It is the single most judgmental, condescending book I have ever read.  I get it, if you aren't in to something, you aren't in to it.  Name calling is out of line, though.  Calling someone "fucked up" is way, way out of line.  I'm fucked up.  I get to say it.  No one else gets to say it.  Those are the rules.

I have lived more interesting sex.  I don't need to read a book about mild, vanilla sex with a virgin. I have what some people call "good sex".

It makes me really sad for all those women reading this book that are so excited about it.  Put the book down and go get the real thing. I promise it is out there.  Sometimes all you have to do it ask.  Novel idea.

1 comment:

madge said...

Loved this + your 50 reasons. I don't get it either.