Sunday, August 19, 2012

Satisfaction

I really get a lot of validation from people confiding in me.  I went over to the Mind Reader's house tonight.  We kept our clothes on.  We talked.  He tells me stories of other loves, lovers, crazy drug-atled times in his life.  I smile and listen, completely filled with his stories.  I feed on good stories.  It is what I really need.  Either living them, or someone telling me theirs.  He is telling me about liking younger girls, which is no surprise because he is older than me, and I ask, "Aren't I too old for you?" and we laugh about how I'm barely on the cusp.  So I say, we are laughing about this, but this is a deep seeded fear that I have.  If I am not young and hot, what am I?  He tells me that I have so much wisdom, and I'm strong.  That I am going to be one of the lucky few in life who actually get what they want because they aren't afraid, and it is because I won't settle for less.

Every time I leave him he tells me thank you.  He thanks me for me spending time with him.  I had no idea how humbling it would be for someone to tell me thank you for being me.  I can't explain that.

I love being in the company of someone who enjoys who I am and just wants to bask in me.  I can glow when I want to.

I drove home in the pouring rain. I came home to an empty house full of the noise of the rain on the roof.  I took off my wet clothes and climbed in my big empty bed to relive my evening.  I need to make sure that I remember this.  I want to remember these feelings.  I may need to save these moments and relive them when I need a reminder that I don't want to settle.

No comments: