Saturday, August 06, 2011

Reoccuring Nightmares

No, this isn't a metaphor for my relationships.

I woke up very traumatized from a bad dream where an old man chased me out of an old farmhouse, down a dusty drive way and up a tree. He had been beating me with what looked to be the handle of an ax.  I somehow managed to get away and run and climb the only tree around. It was a huge oak.  The old man was screaming at me to come down with a southern accent when I woke up.

I was pretty upset and I couldn't relax.  Then I remembered a dream I had previously. It was the only thing that calmed me down.  The same house, the same dusty driveway, the same tree, but the previous dream was a crime scene.  Everything was taped off, police everywhere and the dead body of an old man.  It was very graphic, very bloody and I was being questioned.  Naturally, the cops were wondering why I killed him.  The idea that this guy was dead even if it was just a dream was comforting.

Then I fell back asleep.

No comments: