Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Nightmares

I read this book by Anne Lamott, who I really like, called Traveling Mercies.  It is non-fiction, autobiographical, whatever you want to call it.  Well, towards the end of the book is a disturbing story about dog abuse that she witnessed at a park.  It took me days to stop thinking about it.  Now, I have nightmares about people abusing their dog.  In the nightmare I had last night I was fighting someone because of it.  I took his dog, a big dog, handed the leash to someone else and in order to keep this very tall man from getting to his dog I jumped on him and started hitting him about the face and head.  That went on until I woke up.

It's hard to live in my head.

3 comments:

sans_sanity said...

Are you pro people abuse?

Lauren said...

Casey, it's like you don't even know me at all. Of course! I'm pro people abuse, they deserve it.

sans_sanity said...

Hahaha. How easily I forget!