Saturday, August 13, 2011

Egos

A friend of a friend posted on facebook that he was bar tending at a bar that my grandfather used to frequent.  I have a picture of myself in this bar close to twenty years ago.  I told myself, I don't have anybody to go with so why don't I just go alone?  I did.  In the parking lot all these memories were washing over me and giving me chills.  I go in and immediately I ran into someone I used to work with, who now works at a succulent nursery.  Cha-ching. I order a drink from my bartender friend.  I say I want vodka.  He says fancy or plain.  I say not too sweet.  He gives me vodka, soda and grapefruit.  That is pretty much my grandfather's drink, only with gin. Eerie. One of my friends ended up coming out with me and we had a really great time.  My friend encouraged me to hit on the woman of my dreams.  I ended up giving her my number.  I might think that was a stupid move in the morning.  I definitely won't if she calls me.  Holy shit, if she would only call me.

All in all, go out somewhere new (ish) alone.  It will all work out.  You will have fun.  Yes, I'm talking to you, Lauren.

No comments: