Tuesday, July 06, 2010

What a headache

I had a migraine last night. This was followed by a full eight hours at work with a headache. By 8 I thought I was going to vomit. So I went straight home, got undressed and crawled in bed. But first a took a terribly watery stool. While Robert Sapolsky is teaching me the physiology of why my body thinks that watery stool is the best solution for stress (long, complicated story short- the body has to pump all sorts of water into your guts to get the nutrients out of your food. Then, it takes all sorts of energy to get that water back, meanwhile stress comes along and good ol' body aborts mission to conserve energy and bam, watery stool.) doesn't make it feel any better, especially with the headache of the century. I didn't look at the clock, but I would say I was asleep at 9 pm last night and I didn't wake up until 7:30am. Not once. It was so nice.

No comments: