Saturday, July 03, 2010

My personal hell

I walk into work and there is a CHRISTMAS TREE. Ok. Weird. I clock in and I hear it. The god awful noise. My manager is right there and I grab his arm and say, "Is this real? Is this for real?" He looks me dead in the eyes and says, "Yes." CHRISTMAS MUSIC! For the entire month of July we have to listen to Christmas music. Because we are celebrating Christmas in July. All layaways are 5 months long, so hop on by the pawn shop and buy something you can't afford. The thing about listening to Christmas music for EIGHT agonizing hours a day is that there aren't that many Christmas songs. So I hear Rudolph about three times a day, sung by different people.

Conversation between me and a huge black man-
HBM- What are y'all listening to?
Me- My nightmare.
Co-Worker- Christmas in July.
HBM- Yeah, I can see how that could be nightmare-ish.

Today, in the shower after work I almost started singing Christmas music.

As if my grasp on sanity wasn't tenuous enough.

No comments: