Saturday, July 10, 2010

Constant as the northern star. Constantly in the darkness.

Notes from my day:
Took a clerical test for a job I applied for. Went well, I guess. Got done an hour before I had to go to work and decided to go to Quack's. Thought my day would go really good since they had blueberry pie. Had a piece for breakfast at 10 am. There was a hair in it. Story of my life, little bit good, little bit bad. Looked up from my hair pie to see the lead singer of Casey's band hitting on the girl who was working the cash register. I wanted to hit on her too. She was cute in that predictable, I have black hair with straight bangs and tattoos and a septum piercing way. I guess a certain amount of us have to go through that phase.

Customer notes:
  • Hispanic male: the only i.d. he has is a San Antonio State Hosptial i.d. He barely speaks English and he has a trucker hat on that says, "I'm a Miranda." I could not look at him. I would start to laugh. So I just had to walk away.
  • Black male: wearing what looked like a hand painted t-shirt of lilly pads, which could only have been done by someone who was less than 10 years old. Granted the shirt was pretty long, but he didn't have any pants on. In there stead he was wearing a scarf tied around his waist. Plus he had gloves on like he was working out in that get-up. He was also drinking a gatorade. I should have gotten that guys autograph. That was a milestone, I had never met a walking joke before.
  • First customer of the day today: Black female, standing there as I clocked in. I assumed for a second that someone had helped her. Not the case. She has a cotton dress on with daisies on it. Her hair looks like something that came out of a horror movie. It is blond in some places, and looks like she slept in it. Her eyes are half open. She is about three paces behind when I talk to her and she has a vacuum, and 10 inch analog television and a big ass dvd player. I tell her we can't take the vacuum but I can give her 5 for the television and 5 for the dvd player. She tells me that won't help her she need more than 10 dollars, but she doesn't want to move "this shit" because she has no place to put it. I stand there silently. What else do you say to that. Then she says, "You can have it" ! and walks out! Hello. Idiot. At least take the TEN free dollars.
I wish I could enjoy my work more. I enjoy it so much in hindsight.

1 comment:

trejos-comics said...

Hi Lauren! :)
Please look my comicblog!... your conment is very important! :)

http://www.trejoscomics.blogspot.com/