Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Work This

I haven't had a day off since my birthday. Which, in case you have forgotten because it was so long ago, was Thursday, last Thursday. That means six days, no day off. I was telling my friend that last night, explaining why I was so tired, and she said, "Well, do you at least get Sunday off?" I do. She says that's good. I'm sure you have heard a similar conversation a million times. Friends try to look on the bright side. Then I got to thinking about it. NO. TWO. DAYS. OFF. IN. A. WEEK. Is nothing fucking special. ESPECIALLY since one of them is fucking holiday.

From the minute I got to work it was like a horror movie. One thing after another and another. Everybody and their fucking grandma wanted to tell me their life story. Not interesting stories either. "I don't give a shit about your grand kids lady, I'm just trying to survive another day, can't we do this transaction in silence...." Those words formed on my lips.

To top it off I believe I have exceeded my limit for bullshit this week. I haven't the patience or the strength or the will power to even listen to it anymore. So, I'm going to go to bed. Hopefully, between a few hours of shitty sleep, and a day off I can find some of that somewhere in this little body of mine. I just need to muster up enough for a few more days. I get the fourth of July off after all.

No comments: