Thursday, November 13, 2008

The funniest thing in the world

I don't know if I've told you this, but the text message is the thing that will bring down our civilization.  Maybe I'm being a little dramatic, but I definitely see signs that people will be using more and more of it, and that it is really stupid.  Don't text the person you are fucking outside of  your relationship.  Stupid idea. If you do you will inevitably forget to erase one and then where will you be.  I'll tell you- up shit creek. 

Also, don't walk and text. Really stupid idea.  As I was leaving class today I saw a girl fall on her face, literally, because she was texting.  Don't worry- I held the laugh in.  She didn't hurt herself she just scratched her hand a little.  Her phone was okay she protected that baby like a drunk with some booze.  She had nothing to break her fall but her shoulder.  If she had 1 been watching were she was going it never would have happened and 2 had her hands free she probably wouldn't have fallen all the way down.  

I get that occasionally you need to send a text.  Really.  I do occasionally.  But it doesn't consume my life so that I can't take 4 minutes out of my busy texting schedule to walk across campus safely.  What is so important?  

1 comment:

jes said...

you are a better woman than me... I wouldn't have been able to hold in the laugh :)