Monday, August 27, 2007

Domesticity

I have the exact opposite issue as Madge. I previously hated being domestic. But now that I really like the house we are at I am finding it kind of fun. Not really exciting, but fun never the less. I can't wait to show you the curtains I am making. The curtains we inherited are so horrendous it isn't even funny. I'll take a picture of those too.

When living in rent houses not only do you usually inherit ugly curtains, but on occasion you inherit roaches. We have two lovely kinds of roaches, the big ones (that fly) and the small ones. This isn't the first time we have inherited roaches either. Kyle and I are masters of roach killing. We are almost rid of the ones we have now. It has barely been a week. There really wasn't a bad infestation it was moderate. The last house we lived in with roaches was bad! They also had mice. It was filthy! You would not believe the filth people live in.

I'm also enjoying being as environmentally friendly as possible. Today I bought some Dr. Bronner's house cleaner, Sal Suds, I think. It made my day. Tell me what is better than environmentally friendly, fair trade, cruelty free, hemp activism, biodegradable all these things in a cleaner? Go ahead, try to name something! If you say puppies that just plain isn't playing fair.

4 comments:

Drew said...

Oh man, its so hard to get rid of roaches. You basically have to set off one of those bug bombs to even make a dent, and then you end up finding dead bugs in your house for months.

The Q said...

Juvenile bunnies?

Lauren said...

Maybe. Bunnies are pretty cute. Let me think..... Nope. Still not better.

Drew said...

Hey Lauren, I've tagged you for a meme. Cave to the peer pressure and stop by blog to check it out