Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Bachelorette Party

I told you that Kyle's little sister is getting married. We leave for St. Thomas next Thursday late at night. We have to be at the Dallas airport at 6 in the morning. I can't remember a time when I took a flight I haven't pulled an all-nighter the night before. This really is not good. I don't recommend it.

This Saturday I get to go to a bachelorette party with eight 20 somethings I don't know. Who, I'm sure, are decidedly girlie. Not to mention the fact I don't think there was ever a time I went out with more than say 2 girls. I can remember going out with a large amount of guys, but not women. I'm quite worried. I'm trying to think positive, but this is going to be dreadful. I can feel it.

What will I say? I'm horrible with these things. I'm horrible with women. They won't want to talk about books. I will guarantee you that. My life is pretty much consumed with books and independent film. Nobody reads and nobody watches independent movies. I'm such a bore.

I think my solution will be to smoke massive amounts of pot before hand. Then I just won't give a shit. This sounds like a good plan to me. Maybe not.

2 comments:

madge said...

Sounds good to me, too. I hate those things.

Drew said...

I'm the same way about books and movies. Most of my "real world" friends don't read or watch good films. I tried having a discussion about movies one time and they brought up Fast and the Furious: Toyko Drift. Nuff' said.

That's why I rely on the interweb for a social outlet so often.