Thursday, July 19, 2007

I'm moving

As soon as we get back from vacation Kyle and I are moving. I'm having mixed feelings about the whole thing.

One one hand, I will be living in Austin, north Austin, but Austin never the less. I will be able to ride my bike to the library. Very cool. I will be able to ride the bus the very short distance to the grocery store. Tons of hike and bike trails. Fry's is like three blocks away. In short, very convenient.

On the other hand, I have to move. Just thinking about it is sucking. Packing, painting, cleaning, cleaning, cleaning. Since both houses belong to Kyle's parents there is no leave and let somebody else clean it for you. We will be doing all the cleaning. Not only will we have to clean the house we are going to move into, but are house that we live in right now, and another rent house in our neighborhood. It will be a lot of work. I don't know if you know this, but cleaning up after other people is the grossest thing on the face of the earth.

1 comment:

Mark Brown said...

On the other had (said the guy who has not moved from his house in 16 years) moving has a great way of letting you separate the wheat from the chaff.

and in case you didnt know about it, FREECYCLING is the way to do it/

Freecycle.org will get you to a local group where you can get rid of ALL the stuff you dont want anymore...

cheers