Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Ode to my mother

My mom had the good sense to buy me a Texas Tomorrow Fund account 11 years ago when we came into a little money. It works like this, whenever you put money into the account your college tuition rates are locked in for that year. So I sign up for classes and confirm my attendance. No money exchanged, no nothing. From a $2,000 balance (for 6 hours for 51/2 week session) to $0 just like that. They needed a copy of my Texas Tomorrow Fund id card once. It is like magic. What a genius! She paid for 4 years of college to any public Texas University for $9,000. What a deal!

1 comment:

Mark Brown said...

that's really neat. I can only dream of that for my son. (my daughter graduates next year, too late for her...)

Of course, if I luck out, I will ace the job I interviewed with at a state university here in NJ, and might even get hired... hat would be good for free tuition for the family.
For that I might even be a janitor!!

cheers.