Tuesday, May 29, 2007

I have a rant

Let me tell you a little secret. I am very nerdy and so is Kyle. We like the show "How it's Made". I record all of them and sometimes they show 6 or more shows a week that we haven't seen. This is impressive because we have seen A LOT of them. We watched one about laser eye surgery the other day I thought I would actually throw up. They use the slicer contraption that looks like a mini version of something you cut thinly sliced potatoes. Mandolin? You know what I'm talking about. Moving on.

My problem with the show is this: they will explain the most obvious stuff the nth degree. Yet, information that isn't extremely obvious or something that seems really obscure they will barely touch on then move on.

Example: Boat compass. They go on and on and on about what the fucking compass is made out of. Those of us with eyes can see that it is made from wood and they glue it together. They get the guts of the compass and are explaining a little then say a small sapphire is placed in the bottom. No explanation, no nothing. Is this some sort of wizardry I missed out on? What the fuck does the sapphire do?

This isn't the only time they played this wicked little mind game with us. This just happens to be the only example I can think of.

No comments: