Thursday, March 15, 2007

Gotta love that Austin nightlife

Austin is so incredibly small, and it is shrinking everyday, dear friend. I only tell you this out of compassion and friendship. I am pretty sure in the not to distant future Austin will implode. Between me and Kyle we can't spit without hitting someone we know. The sad part is that I recognize people from seeing them around so much, but I have no idea what there name is.

Saturday at Emo's Clutch concert:

Before we even got into Emo's I pulled the truck around and Kyle was getting out to ask if Doug (the friend that came with us) needed his credit card that he bought the tickets with. It wasn't open yet, but I circled the block. There was this guy in front of us in his fancy car and he was trying and I say "trying" very loosely here to parallel park. It must have taken him 10 minutes. So when I come around Kyle is talking to this guy. I am immediately suspicious cause Kyle is smiling. He gets in the car and tells me that was Matt. Matt is a childhood friend. We haven't seen him in, I would say, 6+ years. He was playing at Emo's lounge that night.

So then we get in and we are going to meet one of Kyle's other friends. Kyle worked with this guy that is how he knows him. He somehow met some guys Kyle went to school with. He brought them with him. These are the same guys we always run into at The Sidebar. It is always nice to see people that you have met a handful of times and remember one of those times you were throwing up.

We aren't the kind of people who go to a concert and get up in the front and thrash around and get hot and sweaty. We are the kind of people who sit in the back on the bleachers 'cause we are just to damn lazy. Looking at us you might think we were at home listening to a cd. BUT, on these back bleachers you are free to see everybody coming and going.

We saw two different dj's from the local radio station. At one point Kyle says, "Hey there is your friend from City Wide Garage Sale." The kid works at one of the booths. It is sort of hard to not remember him. He has long hair, longer than mine. It is usually some unnatural color. The past few times I have seen him it is orange, but I have seen it blue and I think green. Anyways, he has a really bad crossed eye and he sells toys or something.

I saw this guy that I think I have only seen once at Sidebar. I remember this guy because he is incredibly gorgeous. It is hard not to remember him. He has long hair, longer than mine. It is dreaded and I think, if memory serves, he drives a motorcycle, or maybe he just carries around a helmet 'cause he thinks it looks cool.

We saw one of Kyle's teachers from UT. I think that is it

Monday at Stubb's Toadies concert:

We haven't been there for 30 minutes and Kyle sees someone he went to school with. I think he is so good at this because he gets a bird's eye view since he is 6'5". He can see everything up there, lucky bastard. So we talk to these guys for a little while. I decide that I am going to stand in line for a shirt. For some reason the line for the merchandise was around the block. Not really around the block but I spent a good hour in line. It just wasn't moving. So I am standing there thinking if I wanted to stand in line I wouldn't have paid 25 fucking dollars for this concert I can stand in line for free, when I see this guy. It turns out it was James. A friends old neighbor. His wife is responsible for turning my onto The Time Traveler's Wife. So we talked for a second and when I turned around Kyle was talking to someone he knew and lost our spot in line. Asshole!

So I leave James and Kyle tells me that the person he is talking to is, you guessed it, a childhood friend. In fact he is Matt's roommate. You know the guy we haven't seen in 6 years that we saw two nights before. We saw his roommate. What are the fucking odds?

3 comments:

The Q said...

I hate blogger.

Was I with you when you say the beautiful guy at sidebar? He sounds familiar, but it's kind of fuzzy. I was probably drunk.

madge said...

i like seeing people at the grocery store on more than one occasion that i don't know - it kind of makes me feel like i have finally started living somewhere...

Lauren said...

Why?

Yes, you were there. We were sitting by the wall he was across the way were they put the heaters by the fence. He was pretty much the only atractive guy in sidebar at that point.