Wednesday, July 05, 2006

I came by it honestly

I enjoy drinking...sometimes. Sometimes, I enjoy drinking until walking is a far away dream only to be accomplished clumsily and stumbling is a goal far more manageable. But these drinking binges of mine are few and far between and usually, not always, but usually for some special occasion. Case in point, my birthday party. I got drunk! That may be an understatement. I got really drunk. I puked. But I didn't wait to get home, no, no, no. That just isn't my style. I am more of a puke at the bar in a trash can kinda gal. Now granted that is pretty bad. But at least I am not 4o something and just got a PI, like my mom. She was riding in her friends car while her drunk friend drove. Well obviously they get pulled over, her friend is going to jail and they tell my mom that if she gets a ride home that she can leave. She calls me of course and I didn't answer so she called her friend with a sober boyfriend at the party they just left. While she is talking to John the cop takes the phone from her and asks who he is he says that he is a friend and that my mom knows Holly and that she is a co-worker. The cop tells him that my mom is a liar and she is going to jail. The cop hangs up the phone and tells my mom that she is a liar and going to jail. Is lying a crime? Cause god knows, I know a few people who deserve a life sentence.

No comments: