Saturday, November 11, 2006

I love band aids

"As I peer through the window of lost time. Looking over my yesterdays"

I feel like this might be a response to Casey's blog. Not that it has anything to do with it, though I did think about this story when I read "I hate band aids"

Well, when I was a kid I loved band aids. I thought it was a great idea to wear a band aid on my nose. Almost like one of those snoring things. I was probably three give or take a year. Some of my earliest memories are of people, like my brother or my mom, trying to get me to take the band aid off.

This is making my crack up. I was so weird. Okay, let me get my composure.

I wasn't terribly interested in wearing the band aid forever, it was just that once it was on I didn't want anybody to take it off 'cause it would hurt. Though I knew good and well it would have to come off eventually. As soon as someone would take it off, bam, I would put on another one. There is a picture floating around of me with a band aid on my nose.

While I was laughing, I remember something else I did as a kid. I loved my parents laundry basket. I would bring the laundry basket into the living room, sit in it, and watch tv. Sometimes, I would put a pillow in there, behind my back. What possess children? I have to say if that laundry basket was still around and I could fit in it I would sit in it. I eventually broke it cause I was too big for it. It was an oval shape. I could sit in it with my legs straight and lean back. It was great. Then the plastic started to crack from all that leaning and pulling.

Oh, the good ol' days.

No comments: