Tuesday, November 14, 2006

I am the single most masochistic person on the face of the earth!

Why, you ask? Because I hate christmas! Despise it!

I have said numerous times this year, "I just wish christmas would pass quietly in the night, like an old person."

It won't, because I am a masochist. I chose to work at the most christmasin' store ever. First of all, I have been putting out christmas crap since before I left on vacation. And we still have more. When I came back from vacation they had already started playing christmas music. What's worse is that there are no words. So one minute you have totally tuned out all the music, and the next minute you are just think the words along with the music and you haven't realized you are listening to it. It is really disturbing. I am already ready for it to be over.

4 comments:

The Q said...

You may hate Christmas, but you love shopping, giving, and crafts. You love 5/7 of Christmas. Admit it.

Lauren said...

Okay, I like shopping and giving. But I don't like shopping when places are crowded. I think 5/7ths is a little high I would say more like 2/7ths. But I absolutely hate christmas music!

madge said...

You know you love...

Last Christmas I gave you my heart but the very next day you gave it away (gave it away)...This year, to save me from tears, I'll give it to someone special (ecial).

I have no shame in admitting I heart Wham!.

madge said...

PS.

Yes; I read Old School. Loved it. I love Tobias Wolff. LOVE.

PPS.
If you're in Austin, why not go to library school at UT? You're such a librarian, I know it.