Thursday, November 09, 2006

I had a dream

While on vacation I had a dream. Yeah, I know exciting. I generally only bore Kyle and Corley with this highly entertaining material, but this really is funny.

In my dream I was pregnant and I had a kid. This isn't particularly funny unless you know me. I am not a kid person. In fact I might go as far as saying I hate them. Most of them anyway. When patience was handed out it skipped over me. I can't help it. I have tried. It just isn't happening. Plus I hate shrill noises, and kids make a lot of those. Ughhh! The funny part of the dream is that I forgot my kids name. People would ask, "What did you name your baby?" and then for the life of me I could not remember. I would start saying names that sounded like it, "something with a g maybe? No, that wasn't it." In the end I had to name it again. And I would keep forgetting it places.
Random person with no face: "Didn't you have a baby recently?"
Me: "Uh-oh!" (baby was missing)

While on vacation Kyle kept mentioning that if you have a baby in Costa Rica you become and automatic citizen. So while driving from MonteVerde to the beach it crossed my mind. I looked out the window, we were in a small town. As we passed a couple of houses, I watched a little, white butterfly twinkle of their plants in the front yard. I thought, "Yeah, I could do it. I could have a baby and live here. Why not?" The baby wouldn't have to be an American. It would never know stresses and idiots the way we do here. What a great life it would have.

Apparently, my subconscious thinks different.

No comments: