Wednesday, November 08, 2006

My dogs are on a new diet

I started feeding them raw meat yesterday.

Let me tell you a really funny anecdote. Books I have read suggest when you are first starting to feed whole, raw, meat with bones in dogs won't chew. So to remedy you are not supposed to feed small things like a leg or thigh or something, but instead you want to let them eat off a large portion over time. This is so they will have to really tear it off instead of gulp it down. So I buy a whole chicken. Last night Grubb ate some of it. Then Sluggs ate some of it. Since most everything I read said you should feed separately because of higher food guarding, I did. Then this morning I was outside trying to get Sluggs to chew on it. He is having a little problem. He just likes to lick his chicken. So Kyle says maybe we should let Sluggs watch Grubb eat. Well, hell, why not? So we let them eat together and they are perfect angels. Nobody fought or anything. I was so proud. So here is the funny part. I was trying to get Sluggs what I was calling the chicken ass. In reality I think it was the neck. But it was a skinny tube of chicken that looked pretty gross. I was holding and trying to get him to chew on it. "Come on chew on the chicken ass. There you go chew on the chicken ass." That wasn't working. So I thought maybe I will try to pull that small portion off. I sort of messed with it a little bit and then as I moved it some organs squished out of the chicken ass and tumbled on to my hand. It was so disgusting. Sluggs, however, thought he just hit the million dollar jackpot on the slots!

7 comments:

Johnny Menace said...

nothing wrong with licking chicken... maybe Sluggs got it from watching you...

Lauren said...

Have we met? How did you know I lick chicken?

Johnny Menace said...

i was basing it off your Sluggs actions.... what else have you taught your Sluggs through your own actions.... nibbling yourself.. sleeping on your back with your legs and arms up?

Johnny Menace said...

and why must i wait for approval... how can i get pre-approval

Lauren said...

For pre-approval I need your home address and phone number, your mother's maiden name, a copy of your driver's liscence, your social security number,a credit card number, your most current bank statement, and a call from your grandmother. When she calls me and tells me I can trust you then you can get pre-approval

Johnny Menace said...

jesus christ ... do we have trust issues?

Lauren said...

No, but that way I can make you pay, literally, for your idiotic comments.

OOOOHHHHH!!!! I bet that burns!