Sunday, October 16, 2011

Great Weekend

When you work your ass off throughout the week and you don't exercise on the weekends it feels like a vacation.

I hung out with a lot of my friends.  I had a great Saturday with Kyle. He said I was really skinny and that my arms looked stronger. Then I flexed and he said "Holy shit." It makes me laugh.  These short little muscles bulk up quickly.

I slept so much, which I needed to help recover from this week.

No alcohol this weekend which also helps with recovery.

I ate an entire 10" gluten free pizza by myself in one sitting.  That had more to do with poor choices than good ones, but it was awesome.

I finished a couple of books.

Checked out some audiobooks from the library for my road trip to New Orleans next Monday.  Betty White and Margaret Atwood.  Interesting combo.  Really excited to do some laughing and picture taking, my two favorite things.  I'm also excited about 9 hours of quiet.  I don't have to hear anybody talking if I don't want to. So excited to get away.

Guilty pleasure: golf.  I know I don't look like a person who likes golf, but I do.  I almost joined the golf team in high school.  I have been told by golfers that I have a natural swing.  I love all the gayest sports.  Golfing, sculling, all that is left is softball.  Sorry softball, can't get down with you.  I'm naturally athletic but for some reason I try to fight it.  Not fighting it anymore and it feels really good.  Not really sure why I was fighting it all these years. I'm just so dumb, for real.  I think it's the other people, jocks, not my people.  Maybe they are now.  I doubt it, but what the hell I'll give it a try.  

No comments: