Monday, June 20, 2011

I cannot remember the last time I was that tired

Saturday the air conditioning went out.  Since the high that day was 104 you can imagine it was pretty miserable.  The house cooled down at about 1 in the morning.  I was asleep by 1:30.  I woke up at 5:30 when the wind blew the mini-blinds out of the window sill with a clunking noise.  There was no sleeping after that.  Didn't matter, I had to be up at 6 anyway. Bucket and I drove 40 minutes to my dad's place to meet my brothers so we could go sailing for Father's day.  From about 8:30-2:30 I was in the sun.  The winds were crazy.  There was no relaxing. Between making sure Bucket stayed in the boat, and making sure I stayed in the boat, the majority of my muscles were tensed the whole time.  We left the lake, but food wasn't ready until 5.  Then I ate until I couldn't force anymore food down my face.  When drove 40 minutes back to my house I took a shower and watched Louis C.K. standup in bed.  I was laughing so hard I was crying.  I was asleep by 10.  I sleep with a pillow over my head.  When I put it on I would have sworn that I could hear a dishwasher running.  My bed is about as far from any kind of appliance that washes things as it can be.  So I lifted the pillow up a tiny bit and all I heard was the fan.  Apparently, I was hearing things.  I slept until 8am.  Bucket is still sleeping.  I'm still tired.  I'm pretty sure I won't stray very far from bed today.

No comments: