Wednesday, May 25, 2011

There is something you should know about me

I love Cher's Dark Lady album.  I listen to it and dance around my house and sing into things, whatever is handy.  Lacking something phallic, I sing into the empty space in my hand where a microphone would be.

And...

I tend to keep things that are really hurtful and needling all to myself if I care about you.  Turns out, when I'm pushed to my limit and I absolutely don't give a shit if you hurt or not I fucking let them rip.  Boy, but when the damn breaks it's like Katrina up in there.  Shit gets ruined.  I stop holding back.  If you happen to be made of a rock like substance, you can recover and it turns out we can be friends again.  Lord knows I said some fucking hateful things. 7 years of anger and absolutely not see each other.  In the end, it worked out.  Nobody forgets.  Once the words are out of your mind and in the world.  It gets brought up.  Fair enough.  But fuck it.  I didn't asked to be pushed to the limit, and then over the fucking edge.  I crack like an egg and only black oozes out, festering death.

At last, catharsis.

Oh that train of thought runnin' right on time
But it's off the track and I'm losing my mind
'Cause the way you used me
Gonna drive me insane honey
For God's sake stop the train

No comments: