Monday, January 03, 2011

Walking through the grocery store I had the scarecrow's song in my head.  If I only had a brain.

I have been sick for a week now.  Big giant green snots.  Nasty.  This morning I was trying to cough that green snot up.  Slight problem, it wouldn't come out of my throat.  Snot was hanging out of my mouth and still stuck in my throat.  I have experienced fewer things that are grosser.

This year I have decided that I will just get high every day, work at DairyQueen, and wait to die.  Just give up. I can't decide if that is what other people are doing or they are actually happy with the grind.  Maybe I'm just missing that thing that can make me happy, maybe nobody is happy.  Maybe it is a secret I just can't figure out.

Sometimes I daydream of me and Bucket sleeping in a hammock, or something that looks like a nest only instead of sticks there are pillows, on a porch in the tropics.  Besides sleeping, we walk in the rainforest and take pictures.

4 comments:

sans_sanity said...

“One is happy as a result of one’s own efforts, once one knows of the necessary ingredients of happiness — simple tastes, a certain degree of courage, self-denial to a point, love of work, and, above all, a clear conscience. Happiness is no vague dream, of that I now feel certain.”

— George Sand

Anonymous said...

Not everyone is the same. Some people like frying shrimp at Dairy Queen..other people have larger aspirations. One isn't better than the other, it just matters on what YOU want to do.

You're going to have to go to the tropics, they're not going to come to you. If that's going to make you happy-make that a priority and don't look back.

jes said...

I will build you and Bucket a pillow nest in my backyard, you can come lay in it anytime.

If there is ever anything I can do to help you I hope that you will let me know. Until then, I'll just keep talking about pimp cups and leaky assholes til you laugh on the floor :)

sans_sanity said...

Let's be realistic Jessica, you will ask Cory to build the nest. He we have delusions of building some bad ass nest that has all the bells and whistles but in the end the nest will just end up being a pile of sticks with an old, worn-out chair cushion thrown on top. "Deal with it," he'll say.