Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Reading

I was in Half Price Books with Corley last week and I couldn't remember the last book I read.  I was thinking that it was on the plane coming back from Korea.  That was almost a year ago.  Naturally, I was a little disgusted with myself.  How could I forget that I read books this summer. I would read on my lunch break when I was working at the pawn shop.  My coworkers looked at me like I was going to stick hot spoons up my ass when I told them I was going to read. It hasn't been a year, but I have hit a dry spell.  Nothing sounds good.  I want something light, funny, nothing too deep.  I want to relax.  All the books I have to read are nothing like that.

1 comment:

snakes chasing cars said...

The Wednesday Letters by Jason F. Wright

Shoot the Moon by Billie Letts

Undying Love by Ben Harrison (true story about some craziness that went on in Key West, FL some years ago)

none of these books are light and funny, but all GREAT reads. I couldn't put them down. And i don't think they are too deep. was still able to relax while reading them :)