Sunday, January 30, 2011

There is a collection of symptoms that some people get when there brain has been damaged in a specific area by a lesion from one thing or another.  When they look at their loved ones they believe them to be impostors or a person identical to the people they love but a stranger.  They think this because they don't feel any of the things that a person is supposed to feel when you look at your loved ones, such as love and a connection of some sort.  The part of the brain that joined the feelings with the image is gone.  I feel this way when I'm with my family, like I'm around a bunch of strangers at a party.  I know one or two people and that is it.  It is very uncomfortable.

I have been having a lot of tumultuous feelings with the death of my grandfather.  The trouble is I don't know how to feel.  I'm dealing with it by not thinking about it.  I don't have to feel anything when I don't think about it.  Since I didn't know him, I don't have any triggers that make me think about it.  When the wound isn't so fresh I can revisit, but until then I'm coping by turning my head and not looking at the blood.

No comments: