Saturday, November 13, 2010

Missed

So I missed a day. Fuck it.

When I was a kid, whenever I would go anywhere with my mom or my dad we would always, always run into people they knew. I always thought it was so weird. Plus, we would have to stop and talk and it was really boring. I have turned into that person. Austin is such a small town. At the C & C Bachelor/ette Party, at a bowling alley, I ran into a guy that I went to elementary school with. That is big shit. I went to a tiny private school. He was one of the 4 people in my 5th grade class. At the Ray LaMontagne concert last night I was sitting next to a woman I went to high school with. I didn't know her name only that she looked familiar. Since we were the only people on the second balcony and sitting right next to one another we started talking. I said the usual, "I know you." She said, "I thought you looked familiar, but I figure you would think I was crazy." She graduated in my class. Not as big a shit because there we a lot more people than 4 who graduated from my high school. Though, there were a lot of people at the show and what are the chances that she would sit next to me in the second balcony.

Ray LaMontagne was fucking phenomenal. I wanted it to last SO much longer. He could have easily done a two and half hour show. There was an opening act, The Secret Sisters, who were good. They played for 20 minutes, then there was a 30 minute break. There was NO stage set up. I could have used 30 more minutes of Ray. After him there was another 30 minute break. Um, more Ray. There were horns. At one point there were at least 15 people on stage in the band. Plus, he plays the harmonica. Mighty fine, I might add. Easily the best performance I have ever seen.

No comments: