Sunday, August 08, 2010

A little box

Before MP went to Korea I made him this little box. I made it out of a plain white school box. I made a collage on this box and put fun things in there. Something small to take with him a little box of home. Of me, really. He sent it back home with his things. It got to me last week. Looking at it after all these months apart is strange. I had forgotten about it. I love the box. I kind of want to take it back. But I'm not whatever the p.c. term for indian giver is, a renig-er. Nope, I don't think that is the p.c. version. MP put all the postcards I sent him in that box. I re-read them. Two of them I sent to San Antonio. Those two postcards are lovely. It makes me happy that my beautiful words are in the world. Some people have novels, I have postcards. Easier to publish, plus brevity always was my strong suit.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

1)Things in the mail are good because once you become famous for your writing, you're going to give everyone who collects your writings a run for their money.

2)You can't have it back, make something better.

3)It's almost Friday!!!

Lauren said...

I don't know how I have made it all these months without you making me smile.