Thursday, July 29, 2010

Recently

I have acquired some new friends. I said I was going to do that, remember. I didn't expect them to be 30 years my senior, but I didn't expect a lot of things from my life that I got. These women do something to my heart that is pretty similar to travel for me. They show me a new world. A world of wisdom, and acceptance, and grace, and maybe they aren't happy all the time with everything in their lives, but they are dealing with it beautifully. In the end, that is all I can hope for. I now have them looking for apartments for me in their neighborhood. What love they have, and willingly give it to me: a perfect stranger, and they slather on compliments everywhere they go. It's weird, but I have a connection with them, and I relate to them. Which is pretty scary. If I already feel 65 what will I feel like when I'm actually 65?

No comments: