Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The Haunting.

Maybe it is just me, but I feel like I do the same things over and over. I'm pretty sure I have forgotten about them in between and then it is like deja-vu or a constant loop and disturbing.

For instance, I was thinking about the other worst summer of my life. Which, in comparison, was a summer breeze. Kyle went to Spain I was super lonely, I really didn't have any friends to speak of at the time, none in Austin. I was living with Kyle's friend who was going though a divorce. He really brought the party up as you can imagine. I got three flat tires that summer. Every time I turned around I had a flat tire. I had to change a flat at three in the morning. Needless to say I cried the entire time. I was of course keeping Kyle's dog while he was in Spain. That was the first summer Sluggs had to go to the emergency room because his head swelled up like a balloon from ant bites. He had hives all over his body, hard welts the size of quarters. I was afraid his throat was going to swell shut. Under his little roll on the top of his nose it was pure puss from ant bites. The second time it happened that summer I was getting used to it by then. Fuck, what's another two hundred dollars at the emergency room. Anyways, shitty story short, I watched the L Word for the first time that summer. Here I am watching it again. Weird. Why do shitty summers and the L Word find themselves together again in my life.

Another haunting, once I bought a Joni Mitchell album, Blue. I never really listened to it for some reason. I was probably 18. As I'm re-watching the L Word I hear this song that I really like. Low and behold it is Joni Mitchell. The song I like is on the album Blue. Weird, so I start listening to the whole album. Turns out I really like some other songs, one especially. Remember the Christmas music at work? They play this Joni Mitchell song that I really like. It talks about Christmas but, "I wish I had a river I could skate away on" isn't really in the Christmas spirit.

Same shit, different summer. That is all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you're being visited by the ghost of lesbian past.

jes said...

hahahaaaa @ MP's comment. good one. too bad he doesn't have a BLOG full of funny MPisms. dickface.