Tuesday, June 01, 2010

News from the Pawn Shop

I have a new bruise everyday.

I get ribbed by co-workers about how skinny I am. It is like I work in the twilight zone where I'm the one that isn't height-weight proportionate. When I was young kids used to get made fun of for being fat. My, how things have changed.

I hate people. Today a woman finally got around to checking when her loan was due. She was about two weeks late. Then she got all pissed off at me like it was my fault she is an idiot. Then she said that she would never come back to this pawn shop again. It took everything I had not to roll my eyes and tell her to blow me. Because we are fresh out of people who are willing to take a loan and not fulfill their part of the agreement that they signed. We are really gonna miss her shitty business. When she decided she would never come back it was 10 to close and we had a line out the door. I wanted to say "LOOK AROUND LADY! We aren't going to go out of business without you! Your empty threats are wasted on me. PLUS, I don't give a shit!"

I'm pretty sure a girl who told me I was pretty on the dating site came into the shop today. I gotta do more research to be sure.

2 comments:

jes said...

I hope you know that my "skinny bitch" quips (of love) come 100% from a jealous place, and I hope they don't offend you. Let me know if they do and I'll stop. Also, I'd be willing to bet that the people at work are just jealous too, fucking fat asses :)

Lauren said...

Oh, no they don't bother me. At work they speculate about what I eat, or don't. That doesn't really bother me either. I just find it weird.