Saturday, June 26, 2010

Bedtime Stories

I have been blogging a lot lately. For some reason I think it will help. Why I think it will help to tell you depressing stories from work and how I feel like shit all the time will help I have no idea. Unfortunately, I know for a fact that crying in front of the microwave won't. So here goes.
  • Not a big fan of talking these days.
  • It seems that the highlight of my day is Dove Grapefruit and Lemongrass body wash.
  • For my birthday I bought myself a moleskin. With only two days worth of notes from work, so far I have some real gems written down.
  • For instance, this is a direct quote from a conversation I heard, "He need to stay still. That is how Ontay* got shot on the wrong side of some trick dice". *I took some liberties with the spelling of this name and just went phonetically.
  • One day a man came into the pawn shop and needed a loan for medicine. Then he showed me his port underneath his shirt just so that I knew he was telling the truth. Turns out he didn't have a valid i.d. so I couldn't give him 20 bucks for his 5 disc dvd player anyway.
  • This afternoon a man pawned his generator so he could get money for his granddaughters birthday cake.
  • Today two costumers were standing right next to each other. They didn't have anything to do with one another. They just happened to be in very close proximity so I got to see them both, in all their glory, at the same exact time. On the left we have bad trannie. Six foot. Black. I can see his chest hair stubble due to his very low cut flowery dress. Giant fake eyelashes. Didn't bother to put his falsies in. Bad weave. Deep voice. And if you look to the left, we have a man who asked me to see a pool cue we had behind the counter. While he was looking at said pool cue that I handed him I noticed his finger. The tip of it was gone. It was fresh. So fresh that the single band aid he had placed over his nub, where his fingertip once was, was starting to get to the point where you can see the blood through the other side.
  • I should get hazard pay.
Nope. Didn't help.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ontay is going to be your new nick name.

sans_sanity said...

Lauren, I'm beginning to think you're some sort of cosmic magnet for bad trannies. What's up with that?