Tuesday, May 18, 2010

This old shit hole

I have to say, I was scared of being alone in my house during the day. At night it doesn't bother me for some reason. I didn't notice until the second I got to my mom's it smelled like home and I relaxed. At one point I was packing my car and the guy across the street called his dog, but I hadn't seen him or the dog. When I heard him I jumped.

I have this really uneasy feeling. Especially at work. It isn't unlike the feeling I had in Korea. When you go to all the same places you know people recognize you, because you are the foreigner, but you don't recognize them, because they are just a sea of faces. In this case, there are people out there who know what I look like, who have my full name, and I don't know what they look like. What if they do come into my job? It is very unsettling. It feels like somebody is watching me.

There are things I will miss about this house. Not one of them has to do with the actual structure. The least of which is the fact that it is hot all the time, because the piece of shit is like a colander. It lets all kinds of bugs in too.

No comments: