Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Lessons in letting go

Not so long ago, before me and MP were best friends we were penpals. I told him in one electronic letter that there were two material things in my life that I didn't want to get rid of, not for what they were, but for what their function was, everything else I could give a shit. Can you guess what those things were. My computer and my camera. Before I left for Korea he asked why I didn't get rid of all my pictures. Since I have flickr it is just wasting space on my computer. I told him I couldn't. I just couldn't let go of multiples of pictures that are 1mm left or right. Well, now I know. I can let them go. I'm not quite over it yet, but I will be soon. Though, I'm pretty sure it will always sting a little. The only other thing in my life that I hang on to are shoes. I thought about selling them today. I had thought about it last year too. It didn't happen. I think I want to let them go. Compared to my pictures they don't mean shit. Why can't I just get rid of them. I'm gonna try and get rid of them. I'm gonna let go of my hair too.

*I do have sentimental things that I hold on to, but it is mostly papers and books.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Woah, don't go all cult on me and start letting everything go.