Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Miles apart

Yesterday, Grubb was in a lot of pain. He peed the bed and shit himself yesterday. After three aspirin last night and three this morning, Grubb is a brand new dog. Today, was the first day I have been home and he has been alert in at least a month. Sometimes he is sitting up in bed. Today he was in the living room just standing around. More of his food was eaten. It was great. Yesterday, I had a mild breakdown and cried and cried and cried. Now, I know at least the pain is manageable with aspirin right now. The vet told me that arthritis in a dog's spine can make them incontinent, and basically there is nothing you can do. Some dogs benefit from anti-inflammatory medicine, but not all. Grubb goes for x rays tomorrow. Hopefully, I will be able to fill a prescription so that incase aspirin isn't helping I will just be able to give him a different pain killer.

2 comments:

jes said...

poor Grubby :(

I'll be thinking of that adorable fatty and hoping he starts feeling better!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad he's better. It's funny how when dogs do nothing, it's considered active for them.