Thursday, March 25, 2010

Sick and tired

Last Saturday at the free She and Him concert it was freezing. Well, 40 degrees with disgustingly strong and cold winds. We stood in the cold for a good three hours. It was pretty horrific.

The next day I had a fever.

The day after that it felt like it was gone. I didn't take my temperature at any time, because, well, because I don't care. Finding a thermometer is a lot harder than observing that I go to sleep freezing and can't get warm for hours and wake up sweating.

The day after that, snot was running down the back of my throat at a break neck pace. This caused my throat great pain and suffering.

(I still haven't slept for more that three hours yet without waking up.)

The day after that I was spitting up things the size and color of a rusty Volkswagen.

Today I took some mucinex. Currently, I am laying in bed and my nose is making weird creaking noises as if the flood gates are opening. It scares me.

I hadn't been looking at the back of my throat. That kind of thing takes effort and a flashlight. However, I was parked just right this morning. The sun was rising in front of me. I pulled down the visor to look in the mirror and it didn't block my mouth. Holy shit. It is like horror movie back there. I can barely see past my tonsils on a good day. This not being one of them. What I could see looked like it had been worked over with a meat tenderizer. One part of my tonsil has some blood on it. What is that about? No way that is good. Mystery of mysteries how is it not getting washed away with the water I was drinking? My cough is mostly dry, which hurts. The only thing worse than not coughing anything up is coughing something up and gagging.

The weird thing is I only have green snot in the mornings. The rest of the day it is clear or milky. What does that mean? I need a fortune teller to read my snot.

Please, please let something work so I don't feel like shit anymore. I just want good sleep.

No comments: