Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Your very own prison!

I'm thankful for my body. Though I mentally complain a lot, sometimes verbally complain a lot, my body hasn't done anything too terrible to me yet. I'm slim and shapely and thankful. I'm not as hard or taut as I once was, but who is? Everything works properly and up to my expectations. That being said there are always times when I don't like something about myself. At those times, you could say I feel trapped. There isn't a woman in the U.S. that can say at times she doesn't feel trapped in a body that doesn't look how she wants it to look. I'm sure there are plenty of men who feel the same way.

Which leads me to trannies. Most things lead me here, but hear me out. I don't think it is tranidom (I don't think that is an actual word, and perhaps not very sensitive, but no one ever accused me of being too sensitive.) that makes them feel as if they are trapped in the wrong body, I think it's society. I'm not trying to lessen the transsexual's plight, they have it hard, no doubt. I'm just trying to put things in perspective. In a society where we are constantly telling people "You can be rich and famous too, if you were just pretty enough" it tends to make people look in the mirror and expect to see a magazine cover. Plastic surgery wouldn't be around otherwise. We are all in the same self loathing situation.

It's a prison, your body. If you're lucky you'll get a long sentence. Don't complain to loudly or someone will hit you. Grab a book and make do.

2 comments:

Venus and Mars said...

I agree whole-heartedly. This prison of mine has seemed to gain a few too many unsightly pounds during the holidays.

Anonymous said...

When I get my ass implants, I want you to be the first to lift and compare.