Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Lists and whatnot

After my friend posted her life list I started thinking about things I wanted to do in my life. I realized I couldn't think of anything. Surely I have hopes, dreams, anything. I'm not a hollow shell of a gal with nothing to look forward to, right? Life does tend to make me feel that way, but I, however, am not. I started thinking of things I want to do. It took a while, but...

Here they are:
  • I would like to make jewelry. I am inspired by things I see in nature documentaries.
  • I want to make stained glass too.
  • I want to knit good enough to make clothes. That fit.
  • I would really like to produce enough of the previously mentiond to have an etsy shop (or website) that at least breaks even.
  • I would like to visit the forests of China, Croatia, Borneo/New Guinea, and most of South America.
  • When I am of sound money and mind I would like to donate my time and money to the following things: the reduction of prisons in the U.S. as well as better standards in them, outreach programs from GLBT teens, and possibly prostitution (probably the legalization of it, it isn't going anywhere we might as well make it safe), battered woman's shelters, inmate reading programs, literacy.
  • I would like to inspire kids and adults who belong to the working class to read. It is the only way they can take charge of their life and get out from underneath the man. They say knowledge is power.
  • I would like to stay in shape. You know, for my whole life.
  • Volunteer with the Green Corn Project.
  • Take up bird watching. I think I'll buy an Audubon book about birds. My grandfather was a bird watcher. When I was looking for one I found this. Way cool.
This is kind of snowballing. I keep thinking of more things. I think this is good for now.

No comments: