Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The hardest things

I have come to the conclusion that the hardest thing about long relationships is letting people change- change their mind, change their ideas, change their goals. I guess it's hard because it might change the relationship. It probably will.

Take me and Kyle for instance. For some reason he only does things with his life when we are broken up. It has started to really fuck with my head. I am starting to think I have been stifling him. I can't remember anything specific. I think that makes it worse. Worse, what if my presence makes him want to sit in front of the computer and not do anything else. I mean, when we are together he doesn't read books, watch movies, leave the house, anything. The second we break up he has read about 5 books seen a zillion movies, furthering his education, etc. I guess at the very least I'm an enabler.

Either way, I don't want to keep people from changing, in any relationship. I want people to grow and change. It's healthy.

Life List: Try my hardest to foster forward progress of the people I love.

No comments: