Saturday, January 02, 2010

Back in Seoul

On New Year's Eve we went out walking around, we had dinner at a lovely little Spanish restaurant. The food was delicious, and everything they brought to other tables smelled so good. At 11 I had to pee ridiculously bad and we were in the middle of a crowded city. Drunks make me nervous and the lines to bathrooms were so long. The drunk people were swarming so we walked the couple blocks back to the hotel. When I got inside it was nice and quite and I didn't want to go out again. So when the Sky Tower started the fireworks show a block away we heard it all. From the hotel room we could see the fireworks light up the sky and see the reflections in the glass of the building next to us. I even saw a huge ember hit the roof of a near by building. The muffled shouts of the new year weren't overwhelming, neither were the fireworks. It was really nice. Auckland was the first city in the world to set off the their fireworks display of the new year. Though I didn't get any pictures, it looked like this, and this.

No comments: