Tuesday, November 24, 2009

The Night Time

I have mentioned before what goes on in my head at night. My god. It's like a nightmare before I even start sleeping. I can't control it. I'm all over the place. It is all completely ridiculous, but I think it is brilliant. Last night I wanted to start a revolution.

Here's how it went... I want a new social networking site. Have the cool kids moved on from Facebook yet? What else is out there? Twitter? I hate Twitter. How is it any different from Facebook? Why are there no social networking co-ops? Oh, that would be brilliant. If the users worked on the sight then there wouldn't have to be advertising, plus all our information wouldn't be bought and sold with about as much concern as day old bread. Then, my thoughts started to speed up. Then it was all, we could get out from under the man and be free type shit. Then, how I would have to inspire people to rise up. Like I'm fucking Che or something. What a revolution. I just had a Hedwig moment, "Put on some makeup. Turn on the PC. I'm pulling the beret down from the shelf. Suddenly I'm Miss Social Network Revolutionary. Until I wake up and I turn back into myself."

And the quiet. Sweet mother of mercy, the quiet. I haven't experienced a quiet like this since summer of 2001. There is nothing to drown out the sound of my awful thoughts. At first it was okay because I was exhausted all the time, but I'm starting to come out of it. Which I guess has it's benefits and its drawbacks. I was falling asleep in about .03 seconds flat. That would probably happen again if I didn't nap.

I had a dream that I was trying to talk to somebody on Skype, but I couldn't hear because I was playing music or something on the computer and I couldn't get close enough to the computer for the person I was talking to hear because of dogs on a couch. I don't think I had ever met the dog or the couch. There was a lot of static on the line too. I have never heard static on the line on Skype. It was frustrating.

P.S. John Cameron Mitchell is my hero. (Though he does remind me of a certain female neighbor, some of you know who I'm talking about.) I mean have you seen Shortbus? I think he has a new movie coming out. Squeek!

No comments: