Saturday, March 07, 2009

Thursday

I was sitting on the floor on my computer waiting for class to start, and I saw this woman I had class with this time last year. I sat right next to her, we talked everyday, we complained about how shitty grammar class was, and I couldn't remember her name for the life of me. She walked by and I said hi. She didn't see me but she stopped to get on the elevator and turned around and I said hi again. Right as the doors were shutting she barely saw me and waved and said hi.

Fast forward 12 hours: I'm laying in bed not sleeping, staring into the dark, and then her name surfaces. Laura. Laura. Are you kidding me? Her name is two letters different from mine and I didn't remember it. What is wrong with me?


The problem isn't my memory really, it is my recall time. If I had 12 hours to think about something I could probably come up with it.

No comments: