Saturday, March 28, 2009

The things I find romantic

Nothing Can Change This Love - Sam Cooke "if you wanted to leave me and roam, when you got back I'd just say welcome home"

Cry Baby- Garnet Mimms "he told you that he loved you much more than I, but he left you and you don't know why. And when you don't know what to do you come running back to me and cry, cry baby. Cry baby welcome back home."

If You Need Me- Solomon Burke "call me and I'll hurry home, right were I belong"

He Will Break Your Heart- Jerry Butler "When he take his bow and makes his exit girl, I'll be there to take you home. He don't love you like I love you."

I'll Come Running Back to You- Sam Cooke "folks say that you found someone new to do the things I used to do for you. Just call my name. I'm not ashamed. I'll come running back to you."

Part Time Love- Little Johnny Taylor "she came home this morning. I asked her where had she been. She said, 'Don't ask me no questions daddy, 'cause I'll be leaving again'"

I love all these songs, but I wonder if there are actually men out there who are like this. Other people must think this kind of thing is romantic otherwise there wouldn't be so many songs that are so similar.

No comments: