Saturday, March 28, 2009

things are gonna change so fast

My goal in life is to tell a good story. I don't have to be able to write it. I like the oral tradition much better. At my grandfather's funeral/wake all of his friends got up and told stories about him, but they also told his stories. I love that. Everyone laughed, they cried, but they laughed too.

I want people to say she gave good story, and laugh about me.

My dad has a lot of good stories about his childhood. When I was a kid I used to ask him to tell me the stories over and over. I thought they were funny and interesting and they had the tone of a science fiction novel. It was like he lived in another world. A place were no one was scared of their kids being kidnapped, or really no fear of anything bad happening at all. He and his cousins ran wild. I always thought I misses out on that kid experience.

I've been trying to make up for it ever since.

No comments: