Wednesday, January 14, 2009

My New Year's Resolution!

While at orientation the Dean of the School of Information told us this, "For every one of you there are two people who want to be sitting in your chair."  I would do well to remember that because I think that pertains to me in a lot more ways than just school.  I will try my damnedest to hold on to that as tightly as I can.  I'm lucky for a lot of reasons (though it doesn't always feel that way).  I would venture a guess that in some ways there are a helluva lot more than two people who would like to take my place.  Somehow I ended up on a fairly smooth, mostly flat stretch of road and I intend to save my breath from complaining. But instead of saving it I'll spend all that breath thanking my lucky stars.  I caught a glimpse of the light at the end of this path when the Dean said those words and it just might be easier from there.  

No comments: