Tuesday, January 06, 2009

The Middle

There is something electric about the middle of a book, especially when it is exciting.  I get anxious to finish, to find out what is going to happen.  Then I usually have this horrible idea that everything is going to go wrong.  If I just don't read any further everything can stay as it is.  Nobody has to get hurt or killed or ruined for the rest of their life.  Then a hard little knot forms in my stomach, heavy and smooth, like a lead weight.  Because I know I will keep reading.  If there is a God, I think he/she has a horrible job.  I bet that feeling is huge and awful.  Seeing someone so in love or happy and knowing it will come to a horrible end.  And knowing that you won't stop it.  Knowing never keeps my heart from breaking, but sometimes I can brace myself.  Most of the time not even that helps.  

I'm done reading One through Five of the The Dark Tower Series.  I can barely breath little less think of anything else.  I want to finish the last two books.  My poor, lonely little camera is being so neglected.  Never mind, there will be time for that sometime soon.  

No comments: