Monday, November 24, 2008

Wait

My commitment to the party is giving me mild panic attacks.  Not to mention the fact that I am having a terrible time making myself sit down and write the papers that I have due.  Also, a lot more people are coming to my party than I originally thought, for instance my grandmother is coming from Lubbock, my great aunt and aunt are coming from Fort Worth, my other aunt.  I'm not sure my house is big enough.  

Changing the subject.

We got a flyer for a community gathering.  On the list of things that will be going on is meeting your neighbor, having sausage wraps, learning about sex offenders in our neighborhood.  What?  So I was curious and looked up the sex offenders in my neighborhood on the online registry.  Damn, there are a lot.  Approximately 10-20.  I'm way too old for any sex offender on the registry, approximately 10-20 years older.  But one guy on the list caught my eye.  Where the address is supposed to be listed it said "Transient".  Is that guy on every neighborhood list? Or did he register just a zip code?  

Taking a tangent route here. 

I'm reading "Reefer Madness" which is very good.  Did you know that in some states rapist, murders, and child molesters get lesser sentences than a person caught with marijuana?  True story.  Sad despicable story, but true never the less.  

No comments: