Tuesday, November 25, 2008

My week is over

I only had one day of school this week.  Thank god, because I have so much to do.  Did I mention that I hate the holidays.  My mom is coming with us to Kyle's family's Thanksgiving.  That ought to be a blast.  For some reason we are going to Kyle's aunt's house in Temple.  Most of the family lives in Austin or Georgetown.  The most important person, Kyle's dad, lives in Georgetown.  Since he is recovering from chemo and still isn't up to full speed he may not be up to making the 45 minute drive to Temple.  So that means that if he is having a bad day he will sit at home alone all day on Thanksgiving.  

If you are anything like me right now you are going, What the fuck? You could just have lunch at Meemaw's! 

I don't make the decisions.  If I did a lot of things would be different.  I can feel my blood pressure rise.  I try to forget.  I try to ignore.  It makes my life easier.  I'll put on a smile and keep food in my mouth.  

2 comments:

jes said...

the holidays are completely stressful... and you can never make everyone happy, including yourself. I'm with you - I'd be wanting to hang with pops and eat turkey sandwiches.

My mom cancelled thanksgiving last night - guess she couldn't handle the pressure....

The Q said...

So if he doesn't go, will you guys be stopping by with leftovers and hang out with him for a while? You can tell him all of the awful details he'll be glad he missed.