Friday, October 31, 2008

Children's Literature Reading List

Last night I read Bridge to Terabithia. How come nobody warned me? That was one of the saddest books I have read in a long time. Seriously. I'm no stranger to sad books. But holy shit. I cried for a good 30 minutes. Scratch that. I sobbed for a good thirty minutes. Then I looked in the mirror and thought to myself it isn't possible for my face and eyes to be redder. I wanted to take a picture of the redness, but I decided against it. It's best to let those moments fade away with out physical proof.

Happy Halloween!

I'm going to a children's story time at my local library. I think I will dress up as someone who doesn't have tattoos.

1 comment:

madge said...

I read Bridge in the 3rd grade and I cried very hard; it was the first book that made me cry. Like my mom says about these kinds of things, ¨it will never leave you.¨ Never! You should have taken a picture of yourself. THIS IS WHAT READING CAN DO TO YOU. CAN YOU HANDLE THIS. Are you at all interested in children´s librarianship?

Have fun at story time. Bletch. :)

Happy Halloween!